Thassos Adventure - On the Beach

Hello Family and Friends from Greece



Yes we've been here in Greece already one month..........many of you asking "where are my blog posts"....well I had to take a bit of a premature break right at the beginning of our vacation because almost everyone in my little family fell majorly ill.......pneumonia struck our house with a vengeance, even sending my poor little smiling Theo to the Greek hospital for 5 days!!! But when I say priceless ocean view....Theo for 5 days was in the Kavala Hospital that is perched at the top of the hill here in Kavala with a 180 degree view of city and water...not too shabby! And he was the novelty kid in the hospital because he was the smiling little American boy!! But now, one month later, we are all better and we have begun our summer holidays.

The kids and I both unanimously agree that one of our favorite places when we come to Greece is the Island of Thassos. It is an island right off the coast of Kavala.....we can see if from our home, it is close enough and large enough that its silhouette looms above you from every spot in Kavala. It only takes 1 hour to get there by ferry but the transformation in my mind is as if I have traveled far to "The Island!" I RELAX IN THASSOS!!! And after the month I have had, I sooooooooooo needed relaxation!!!

Here are a few pics of our Thassos Adventure!!!!
More blog posts coming......just stay tuned!!!
Big Healthy Hugs
Val



Thassos Island Ferry Boat - drive the car on and off

Anastasia all smiles first day on The Island

There is something about drapes and the beach that says "Island"

Club Nuvo on Golden Beach in the town of Skala Potamia on Thassos Island

Day one on Thassos Island
Happy Kids.....you can't write this stuff.....as I was standing at the end of the
wooden walkway waiting for no people to be on it to take a picture....all of a sudden in my lens I see two happy kids running towards me, so I take picture and realize it is my happy twins!!!

Then, these twinnies so happy to find mommy.......happy twins return to the beach, 
and just so you know, I did not ask them to hold hands....they are just
so happy on Thassos Island.


After dinner and a brief rain downpour, we went for a walk and Theo made
friends with the Thassos pirate!!!!

Anastasia proud of "Hotel Anna"

Makryammos Beach on Thassos Island
This area is the central area of the famous white marble quarries. 
They dump large marble blocks that aren't used.....which make for perfect picture opportunities


The white marble chunks or blocks are huge.......and Niko climbed ALL OF THEM!!!!

And the water is spectacular blue and clear

Makryammos Beach Club and Bungalows was our 2nd day on The Island

The club even had a Deer reserve......this was a big Daddy deer.

After the beach we hit the town of Thassos - the main port town with 
cute small streets crammed with Tavernas, tourist shops where everyone got a little trinket
Theo - Greece coffee mug, Ana - Greek bracelets, Niko - Saint Nicholas Wallet
And of course, we purchased the delicious Thassos Island olives

I knew my soul loved this island.....for those that know me well, 
does this statue look familiar???? Where and Why would I mention this statue?

Thassos port town

Dinner at Ambrosia Taverna
We were a hit with both owners and cats......we were the international table speaking
Spanish, Greek, Italian, French and English!
I love our family!!!!!! It is sooooooo cool!!!!!

The cats could smell Theo's Sardine fish....they were waiting for him to
either be finished or to drop them some goodies!!!

Dora finally gave them what they wanted and this cat stood up to meet the fish!!!

I had to check Ana's purse when we left.....she wanted this baby kitty so badly
and this baby kitty did not leave Ana's side......she felt protected by Mama Ana

Day Three.....we end with our favorite beach club - LA SCALA

Beautiful waters and beautiful location

Our cabana sits under pine trees that blow in the wind and make for such a peaceful environment

Drapes and the Sea

Everyone HAPPY

MORE Everyone HAPPY

We are at home at La Scala

Then we move to lounge by the pool and beach bar

This was our hotel restaurant where we enjoyed dinner and breakfast
Green Sea Apartments - Skala Potamia, Thasos Island, Greece

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Recipe of the Week: Kormos from Greece

Riva Beach Club & Bar

Here is Niko!!