Organic Smoothie Pops

Kids Snack Project

Even though we are in the middle of September....it still feels like summer here. I have stuck with my resolve to only feed my children healthy snacks. They already eat all healthy, real food with little to no artificial anything, but the snacks have always been a tough one to commit to, basically because it is sooooooooo easy to walk the aisle of Costco and buy all the super easy convenient pre-packaged snacks!!! I've bought them all, even the ones that say organic. But no longer!!!!!!!!!!!

Fruit Smoothie Treats
One of my kids favorite snacks are the frozen yogurt sticks but they are full of sugar. I knew I could make them better, but how? Well, of course I turned to my favorite resource www.pinterest.com and looked up yogurt sticks and up popped this amazing find.....and of course I bought 12 packages that second!!

$2.99 for package of 12 (and they are reusable)
Homemade Peachy Freeze Pops

Who better to ask to assist me in this mornings project than our resident "Fruit King".....Theo! This kid LOVES ALL FRUIT. You put a piece of cake and a peach in front of him and he will 100% pick the fruit! He just picked his Adventure Guides (Indian Guides) name and he named himself "Fights for Peaches"......so darn cute!

Any fresh or frozen fruit will work


I have a Vitamixer, but any blender will work

Funnel was best way to fill ziplock

He couldn't even wait till frozen

Our hardwork.....they look pretty


In 30 minutes we made a total of 48 pops! And then popped them in freezer.
Tropical Fruit
Mixed Berry
Pomegranate Strawberry

Other snacks made today

No Bake Energy Balls
Organic Oatmeal
Flax Seed
Chocolate Chips
Organic Peanut Butter (you can use other kinds of nut butters)
Mix it all together, put in freezer, pop in kids snack bags or lunch for a sweet, healthy treat!!! You can add whatever else you want....cranberries, coconut, etc.
http://www.daydreamkitchen.com/2012/08/no-bake-energy-bites/
No-Bake Energy Bites!
Homemade Crackers
(they look like cheezits)
http://rachaelwhite.me/smokey-homemade-cheese-crackers/

Who doesn't love cheezits...................I love love love them! But have you ever looked at the ingredients list of the cheezit box! Here is an alternative. They look the same. I am making them this weekend! I'll let you know how they turn out! For my own sake, I hope they are horrible! I'll let you know!

As I find great snack ideas, I'll pass them your way. I know I get into a rut with kids as far as snacks and lunches go and I love new ideas! If you have any ideas, email them to me and I'll include them in a future blog post!!!
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Recipe of the Week: Kormos from Greece

Riva Beach Club & Bar

Here is Niko!!