The Vineyard

The Vineyard

We have great friends, Mike & Tina, who live in Fallbrook and have an active vineyard on their very beautiful property. Mike has made wine for a few years and every year it is getting more and more serious. His 2011 vintage won a medal at a recent wine show! Yahoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Every year Mike asks his friends, those who are willing and able, to join him in the annual harvest of his grapes. He tells it how it is, it's hard work but I'll feed you and give you drink! This year we decided to get to work!!! And I have 6 extra little hands that I thought I"d throw into the work force. And boy did they deliver! After a long dip in the pool, my 3 little kiddos joined me in the vineyard and with clippers in hand filled up bucket after bucket! They really enjoyed the work, asking questions all along the way. My favorite question from Ana....."Mr. Samaras, how many grapes do we have to pick to make your wine.................Mr. Samaras' response, thousands and thousands of grapes..........................Ana's response, guess we need to get back to work Mom".  So darn cute! They worked for about an hour in the hot 95 degree sun. Their reward afterwards was a nice cool pool and yummy Popsicles!!! They were so happy. I had a blast. What I enjoyed most was working with my kids and seeing them excited about working!!! Enjoy the pics!! (ps....there are a lot of pics, but couldn't help myself!)

Cheers, Val






























 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Recipe of the Week: Kormos from Greece

Riva Beach Club & Bar

Here is Niko!!