Celebration of Friendship Brunch

My three children attend Catholic school.  When thinking back about my Catholic school education, one of the greatest blessing was the friendships I created that still remain strong today, but it was also the bond that our families created during those schooling years and those friendships exist even today.  Our parents celebrated the passing years together. It was an awesome experience to have as a kid.

I now too have been blessed with a great Catholic school for my children and a great group of families. The moms have especially bonded and we get together almost monthly (yes I am the party planner for our group, and absolutely love it!).

In the spirit of spending some great quality time together and thanking each of them for their friendship, I hosted a "Celebrating our Friendship" brunch. We had the best time, talked non stop about all the important things in our lives (we get deep sometimes), bestowed blessings upon each other and on me in prayer (I was overwhelmed by their prayers). All my food turned out, yipppeee!!!  It was a beautiful day in every respect. Enjoy the pretty pictures from the brunch!!! I loved planning every part of this event!


Pretty table set with white, silver and of course pink.
Pink strawberry candle favors for each of the moms.
Small flower arrangements made with white and pink roses, pink peonies, and filler greens all in clear short glass vases that were either round or square.
The Menu was four courses individually plated and served one at a time.
 
First course
Trip Soup Shots of Cream of Mushroom, Thai Ginger Carrot & Cream of Tomato with crispy Rosemary Parmesan Bread.
 

 
Second course
Caesar Salad in a Parmesan Cheese bowl.
 The bowl was handmade (yes by yours truly) .......You can eat the whole bowl!

 
 
Third course
Pork Tenderloin with a Strawberry Balsamic Glaze and steamed Baby Green Beans.
It was so incredible!! I was even surprised!!!
 
 
Fourth & Final course
Panna Cotta with Berries
(nothing but the best.....Giada recipe! Sounds crazy special and hard, took 5 minutes!)
Sorry, no picture, we ate it so fast I forgot to take a picture!
 
And because it was brunch, served at 11am, I served everything cold (room temp), even the pork, so it was refreshing. It also made it very easy to serve a four course meal and be able to pre-plate most everything before sitting down!!
That way I got to enjoy my friends.
 
 
                                                            
 
                                                     
                                                      
 
And Peonies are my new favorite flower.....I buy my flowers direct from a grower, close to my house, and they always have beauties of all sorts, but this flower was spectacular and I enjoyed a vase full of them for a week!! Lucky me!



 
Good Girlfriends are one of the true blessings in life!!!!



 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Recipe of the Week: Kormos from Greece

Riva Beach Club & Bar

Here is Niko!!