Trapped......and Rescued!!

I wasn't going to blog tonight because I am tired and tomorrow I officially start homeschooling all three children for the 9 weeks. But I'm ready!! But I had to share my experience today and maybe share a laugh with you all tonight!!! Enjoy on my behalf!!!

House Rules, Good/Bad Behavior Points, and Home Schooling Reward Chart
We are ready for tomorrow!!!!

Today we were all a little exhausted, kids all woke up a little angry this morning. So we decided no beach today and we would do a few errands. I am setting this story scenario up this way to say today was like any other day, imagine yourself at home with nothing going on except a few errands and home time!! In the morning we visited the new grocery store.....I like very much, and I even purchased a super yummy rotisserie chicken.  Then we walked to into town (which means down the hill) to the fruit/vegetable stand and Theo bought to his heart's content. In case you didn't know, Theo is my Fruit King all the time, but in Greece he becomes the Fruit Emperor!!!! We made it home, I put kids down for a 90 minute nap. Theo woke up desperate for the swimming pool at the beach, so we took them and they had a blast.


Last but not least we drove home from pool, swung by Zara (best retail shop in Kavala) and bought Theo his "Greek" style bathing suits......you'll see his sexy legs in future pictures. He loves the little boy short suits, not quite speedo bathing suits, but they are short and these have Batman, what could be better. But of course everyone left with a little something.....Niko a camouflage belt and swim shorts, Ana with a pretty headband and her first bottle of Hello Kitty Body Spray. Everyone happy. And we got home in time to enjoy a nice dinner on the balcony (Rotisserie Chicken, Pasta, etc)...................................................................................UNTIL

MOM, yes this responsible Mom, accidentally LOCKED myself and 3 children on our balcony, 4 stories up, and no way to get in the house, no cell phone with me, and no idea what to do!!!!
OF COURSE I FREAKED OUT, but inside only, I tried to maintain a very calm presence amongst my three children, who as soon as they found out we were locked out, they all freaked out according to their nature. Niko who is a very worried little guy just started screaming "HELP" in English at the top of his lungs. Ana who is a very emotional little girl just started crying and sobbing uncontrollably. And Theo who is my muscle man literally started attacking the glass door trying to break it down. After I calmed them all down, I heard voices on the balcony above us, so in my few Greek words I started calling for Kiria (Mrs.)  and finally a teenagers head peered over the balcony to 4 crazy Americans. In the most horrible Greek imaginable I told her the door was locked, that I did not know my father-in-laws cell number and that the only person I know in the building who knew the cell number lived on the 2nd floor. After a few desperate moments of trying to get my brain to work, I finally asked....."do you speak English" and in perfect response she replied "yes I do!" (come to find out she was a student of my sister in law Jenny when Jenny lived in Kavala and taught English, way to go Jenny!!) After clearly communicating my dilemma in English, I was reassured they'd help me. The went to the 2nd floor and moments later Vivi, the wife of a relative of ours that lives on the 2nd floors had her head leaning over her balcony with cell phone in hand telling me that she was on the phone with my father in law Nic.....who arrived to save us in 3 minutes from their house!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We all laughed, the neighbors are all laughing, the kids are finally laughing. But during our ordeal I was ordered to spend 2 days in my room to think about what I had done! Nice!!!! All was forgiven when I pulled out mini Ice Cream cones from the freezer (thank you Grandma Meme for putting them in freezer earlier while we were all napping!)

Anyways, all is well that ends well!!!! Lesson learned, sit on the balcony but DO NOT close the balcony door even by accident, bring your cell phone outside, just in case, and please please please learn how to say the word "HELP" in Greek, till this evening I had no idea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



Anyways, I couldn't resist sharing! Tomorrow will be an early morning of 90 minutes of home schooling, followed by the beach, and an Air Show over the harbor in the afternoon!!
Big Hugs

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Recipe of the Week: Kormos from Greece

Riva Beach Club & Bar

Here is Niko!!